This is a long distance row best undertaken by competent rowers. The course may be varied at the discretion of the Committee should there be adverse sea conditions.
1.30pm Entries open
3.30pm Entries close
4.00pm Race instructions and safety briefing
4.30pm Tow boats leave Shaldon Beach
5.30pm Start of race
7.00pm Official opening of the Shaldon Regatta 2018 and Dawlish to Shaldon long distance row prize giving
- Entry forms available on the day at Cliffside, Marine Parade.
- Signed consent from ALL competitors will be needed and parental or guardian authorisation for all entrants under 16.
- Shaldon Regatta dinghies available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis from Monday 14th August. Call James Stoyle. Tel 0771 068 1245
- It is the responsibility of all competitors to accurately complete their entry forms particularly under 16’s, over 45’s, over 55’s and visitors.
- To be raced in Regatta Rowing Dinghies using wooden oars only. (Maximum 2 oars)
- Entrance fees: 18 years and over: £1 per person - 17 years and under: £1 per boat
- Liquid refreshments provided at finish
- Everyone 16 years old or under must wear a life jacket and no person 16 years or under to row alone
- Committee approved duty boats will be in attendance. Competitors must abide by any instructions issued by the duty boats.